Oakhill

Minutes for April 2012

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 11TH APRIL 2012 AT 7.30PM

Present

D Barlow (DB; Chair), P Briscoe (PB), P. Dennis (PD), D Gilson (DG), P Langmaid (PL), E. Lewis (EL), D Perkins (DP), C Sully (CS), J Thomson (JT) and B Wells (BW). 

In Attendance

S Vaillant (SV; Clerk) and H Siggs (County Councillor; in part). 

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Action

107/12

Apologies were received from S Emery (SE). 

 

108/12

N Housley (PCSO) advised that she would not be able to attend the meeting.

 

 

DECLARATION OF INTEREST

 

109/12

No interest was declared.

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETINGS HELD

 

110/12

The minutes of the meeting held on 13th March 2012 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held, with the following amendments:-

  • (070/12) to read HS (for Harvey Siggs) not HG;
  • (081/12) should read debris, not drainage
  • (084/12) it was noted that the merits of each applicant were discussed.
  • (098/12) should read 3rd June, not 3rd May 2012.

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (where not dealt with later)

 

111/12

(069/12) Advertising signs obstructing vision – Clerk to draft a response letter to officer
D. Pearce’s email.

 SV

112/12

H. Siggs has asked his team to remove the sign on the A37 but the one by the pub remains, although it has been moved back towards. 

 

113/12

(071/12) Footpaths Grant – Payment not received. Clerk to chase up with SCC.  

SV

114/12

(072/12) Pole at the bottom of Zion Hill – Clerk to enquire whether the existing column could be moved as it is not providing light in the right place (moving about 30ft up the hill, near the bottom).

 SV

115/12

(074/12) Brewery Building – Clerk to contact the developer to ascertain whether the bat survey has been completed and if a mitigation plan has been drawn.

 SV

116/12

(059/12 & 076/12) Litter – Clerk reported to MDC. Awaiting response.

 

117/12

(062/12) Dog Litter – Notice to be published in the next newsletter.

SV/DB 

118/12

(082/12) Traffic calming measures at Junction of the A37 – HS stated that he would try to include this item as part of a minor works scheme. It is believed that a reduction is speed limit at this junction would be very difficult as it is an open road, with no houses. 

 

119/12

(083/12) Condition of Simbriss Lane - Clerk to report to SCC and contact the contractor/ owners to ask that the lane is kept in good condition. It was noted that the road markings at the end of the lane were also obstructed due to the mud and worn.

It was noted that Pole Lane was also muddy.

 

SV

120/12

(085/12) Litter collection – A  list of parishioners with pickers has been obtained and contacted. EL to organise regular pick-ups, with the help of councilors if available. 

 EL

121/12

Broadband Survey – Clerk to circulate details for all councilors to complete and circulate if appropriate. 

 SV

122/12

(101/12) A sharing of ideas to incorporate the school into the community took place. It was agreed that regular articles in the Parish magazine and a page on the website would be a good idea to publicise the school activities and forthcoming events. SE to report to the school.

 

 

 SE

 

COUNTY COUNCILLOR’ REPORTS

 

123/12

H Siggs reported as follows:

  • Small safety improvement schemes;
  • Highways’ budget for the next 3 years should be known soon; hoping monies will be available for resurfacing and top dressing of roads;
  • Hoping to carry on with bus subsidies.

 

 

 

 

 

PLANNING

 

124/12

Status update on recent planning applications:-

  • 2011/2045 (The Elms; Pondsmead),
  • 2011/2201 (Warren Farm; Erection of Wind Turbine),
  • 2011/3068 (1 Rock Cottages; detached store/workshop),
  • 2011/3110 (Property between Old End Cottage & Beech House; creation of dwelling)
  • 2012/0202 (Holly Cottage; rear extension)

 

125/12

Design statement & Local Development Plan – Clerk to ask Matthew Williams or a representative from MDC Planning Department to attend the Annual Parish Council Meeting to talk about the Localism Bill and how it will affect planning and to address future needs for Design Statements and Local Development Plans.

 SV

126/12

Mary Portas / project in Shepton Mallet – Clerk to ask W. Closier if he is aware of this.

SV 

 

FINANCE

 

127/12

End of year Accounts – The financial statement to end of March 2012 was agreed.

 

128/12

Clerk’s Salary – Invoice dated 11th April 2012 was agreed. Cheques #542 and #543 (tax) were signed.

 

129/12

Website Maintenance fee – not invoice was received.

 

130/12

Risk Assessment & Asset Register – The Asset Register was reviewed and agreed after one minor amendment. The Risk Assessment was reviewed and agreed.

 

131/12

A short discussion took place regarding the constitution of the Village Hall Committee.

It was noted that the Deeds, usually held by Dyne & Drewetts in Shepton Mallet, were still with the Village Hall Solicitors.

 

132/12

Payments for Queen’s Jubilee expenses – One receipt was presented for the purchase of the license for the Queen’s Jubilee. Cheque #544 was signed.

 

132/12

Invoice for Grounds Maintenance – Invoice from Primrose was agreed. Cheque #545 was signed. The council was pleased to note that the work from Primrose was of very good standard.

 

133/12

Invoice from Quandron – Invoice for works during 2011 season was agreed. Cheque #546 was signed.

 

 

 

MATTERS OF REPORT

 

134/12

Queen’s Jubilee – Pam Dennis’ report to the Council was noted.

A cost schedule was handed to the PC who conveyed its thanks to the committee.

 

135/12

PCSO – Report provided before the meeting was noted.

 

136/12

 

Following a recent incident regarding a missing person, it was queried how information could be passed around quickly in case of an emergency. Clerk to issue an updated contact list for Councillors.

 SV

137/12

Highways; New pothole initiative – Clerk to register Parish’s interest. 

SV

138/12

Increased speeds in Gurney Slade – PC to write to the quarry owners to point out the danger of speeding, and not stopping at the small crossing near the post office.

 SV

139/12

Drainage works on A37 top of Long Hill (down below crossroads) were noted.

 

140/12

Street Lighting – One lamp post on Bath Road is consistently on. Lamp post No 7 not working again. Clerk to report both defects.

 SV

141/12

Parking Strategy has now been published. Email sent before the meeting.

Waste Core Strategy has also been submitted.

 

142/12

SALC / School / Footpaths / Speed Watch – Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

143/12

The Annual Parish Council Meeting and Annual Parish Meeting will be held on Wednesday 9th May 2012 at 7.30pm at the Hall. Date to be advertised in parish magazine and flyers to be distributed

SV