Oakhill

Barlynch Priory

Barlynch Priory

Barlynch Priory (also known as St Nicholas's Priory, sometimes spelled Barlich Priory) in Brompton Regis, Somerset was an Augustinian priory founded by William de Say, between 1154 and 1189, dissolved in 1537.  In 1524 the priory was at its largest with nine cannons.

The only visible remains are some fragments of walling attached to Barynch farmhouse, which have been designated as a Scheduled Ancient Monument , also some of the stained glass from a Jesse window at the Priory is now in the St Peter's Church in Huish Champflower.

No image available at present