Oakhill

Minutes for February 2011

Minutes of meeting held in Oakhill Village Hall on 9th February, 2011 at 7.30PM

Present

D Barlow (DB; Vice-Chairman), B Wells (BW), P Dennis (PD), D Gilson (DG),

C Sully (CS), P Langmaid (PL), E Lewis (EL), S Emery (SE) and K Matlin (KM). 

In Attendance

Sandrine Vaillant (SV; Clerk) and Nicky Housley (PCSO) in part.

 

 

APPOINTMENT OF LOCUM CLERK

Actions

15/11

DB introduced SV to the meeting. It was explained that following the departure of

C. Tucker and after seeking advice from P. Lacey, the correct procedure would be to appoint SV as locum clerk for a 3 months period whilst the vacant position of Clerk can be advertised. PD proposed to appoint SV, DG seconded, unanimously agreed.

A temporary contract of 3 months was signed at the agreed salary scale (Pt 19).

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

16/11

Apologies were received from P. Briscoe (PB; Chairman), H. Siggs (HS) and D. Perkins (DP). 

 

 

DECLARATION OF INTEREST

 

17/11

No interest was declared. 

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 12TH JANUARY 2011 

 

18/11

The minutes of the meeting held on 12th January 2011 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held with the following amendments:- 

  • 8/11 Replacement of bench – BW asked permission for a plaque to be inserted on the bench to be paid by the Roberts family (wording still to be agreed). This was unanimously agreed during the meeting.
  • 13/11 Housing – It was agreed that the clerk would write to Midshire Estates.
  • 13/11 Jubilee – minutes to read Diamond Jubilee, not Silver.  

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

 

19/11

(8/11) Bench – The Bench has been ordered. Action complete 

 

20/11

(10/11) Clean up Day – Seen item 6.1 below. Action complete. 

 

21/11

(12/11) Thank you letter to F. White – Clerk to check this has been issued.

               SV 

 

MATTERS FOR DECISION

 

22/11

Planning Application 2011/0096; The Willows, High Street, Oakhill; Works to trees and felling of one tree in conservation area – Following review of the plans, BW proposed to leave the decision to the planning officer, EL seconded. Unanimously agreed. 

 

23/11

Planning Application 2011/2133; The Cottage, Little London; Replace UPVC windows in rear and gable end of main dwelling – It was unanimously agreed to support the application as the proposed works are in keeping with the style of the property; as long as Listed Building are satisfied. 

 

24/11

Planning Application 2011/0125; Oakhill Cottage, Zion Hill; Pruning of Beech Trees in Conservation Area – It was unanimously agreed to support the application. 

 

25/11

Appointment of Parish Clerk – It was agreed to thank C. Tucker for the work she has done in the past months. Clerk to issue letter on behalf of Parish Council. 

The vacant position needs to be advertised in the parish magazine, on the notice boards and on the website. It was unanimously agreed to post notices as per the suggested wording read by DB, with a closing date for applications of 31st March 2011.

Clerk to contact Parish Magazine to publish advert.

Copy of wording to be emailed to PL to publication on the website.

                SV

  

                SV


         SV/PL

26/11

Elections – It was queried whether the clerk would be in post by the time of the elections. Dates were confirmed and Clerk to check process with MDC for the receipt of forms.

Article/Posters to advertise elections to be posted on website and noticeboards.

A ‘Question Time’ style event has been organized at MDC’s offices on 28 February, 7pm, to find out more about becoming a councillor. 

             
            MDC

         SV/PL

27/11

Clerk’s Expenses Claim – invoice dated 24th January 2011 was agreed. Cheque No 491 was signed.

 

28/11

Quadron Invoice – invoice No415169 for the maintenance of open spaces was agreed. Cheque No 492 was signed. 

 

29/11

Taunton Deane DLO Invoice – invoice No60201903 for grounds maintenance was agreed. Cheque No 493 was signed.

BW to obtain a quote for the works to be done this year.

 

 
              BW

30/11

Signatures required to Cancel Standing Order – It was agreed to cancel the Standing Order for the clerk’s salary and to remunerate locum clerk by cheque on a monthly basis. Appropriate form was signed; clerk to send to bank. 


                SV

31/11

Diamond Jubilee planning – Letter from department of Culture, Media and Sport was tabled. It was agreed to consider later in the year; Clerk to add to agenda for meeting in June. 

 
               
SV

32/11

Royal Wedding - The school are organizing a ‘Tea Dance’ on Friday 8th April to which members of the PC are invited to help the children with ballroom dancing or memories of previous royal celebrations. PD, DB and CS agreed to attend; SE to advise school. 

 

                SE

33/11

Phone box uses – EL to investigate the idea further and obtain indicative price for installation from Westbury sub Mendip, where a similar idea has been implemented. 


                 EL

34/11

School Collaboration on spring clean up – Clerk to write to the school to thank them for their very positive and enthusiastic response.

Councillors to identify areas which would be suitable for groups of children to clean.

Clerk to investigate how MDC can help with this and report back to SE. 

                SV


              ALL

                SV

 

MATTERS TO REPORT

 

35/11

Meetings to be attended:-

SALC Meeting – Next East Area Salc meeting on 7th March, 7.30pm at Leigh On Mendip Memorial Hall. CS to attend; Clerk to forward agenda. 

SALC Clerk Workshop (Localism Bill and Accounts 2011/12) – It was unanimously agreed for SV to attend workshop on behalf of the council, to be shared with Leigh and Cranmore Parish Councils.

 

         CS/SV

36/11

Salt bins – It was agreed for the salt bin at The Pond cross roads to be moved and put by the noticeboard.

Clerk to enquire with Highways when the bins are to be replenished. 

Additional bags of gritting material – EL agreed to pick up the bags from the depot and bring them to be stored in the Village Hall garage

 


                SV

                 EL

37/11

Wall behind war memorial – It was agreed to wait and see what is currently being done before ordering works. Clerk to review previous minutes to see what was previously agreed with regards to maintenance and to contact C. Tucker to check what has been done 

                
                SV

 

ANY OTHER MATTERS OF REPORT ARISING

 

38/11

PCSO – N. Housley stated that it had been very quiet recently and only attended minor incidents. She also confirmed that there was no evidence of ‘boy racers’ at present.

Councillors were warned about ‘white vans’ scouring the countryside looking for scrap metals around properties.

 

39/11

Members expressed their best wishes to Dave Perkins and his wife on the birth of their daughter Elspeth and agreed to send flowers. PL to organize. 


                PL

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

39/11

The next meeting will be held on 9th March 2011 at 7.30pm.