Oakhill

Minutes for AGM - May 2015

MINUTES OF ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALLON 13TH MAY 2015 AT 07:00 PM

Present D Barlow (DB, Chair), R Battagel (RB), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD), S Emery (SE), D Gilson (DG), E Lewis (EL), D. Perkins (DP), C Sully (CS), D Thorley (DT) and B. Wells (BW).

In Attendance  S Vaillant (SV; Clerk) and 16 members of the public (in part).

126/14             Chair welcomed all present and explained the format of the meeting.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE          

127/14             No apologies were received.
128/14             District Councillors (R Carter and J Carter) and PCSO (N Housley) advised that they would not be able to attend the meeting.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & DISPENSATIONS     
129/14             D Perkins declared an interest in planning application 2015/0834.

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN       
130/14             BW proposed (PD seconded, unanimously agreed) that D. Barlow be re-elected as Chairman to the parish council. DB accepted the office and the relevant form was signed. 
131/14             BW proposed (DT seconded, unanimously agreed) that E. Lewis be re-elected as vice-chairman. E. Lewis accepted the office.

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF APCM & APM HELD ON 14TH MAY 2014AND MATTERS ARISING
132/14             The minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held.
133/14             (120/14) Registration of Recreation Field on Land Registry – BW agreed to help filling in the form for the solicitors.
134/14             (131/14) Flooding at Sun Cottage – This was reported and Highways were asked to clear the drains but this is an ongoing concern. Clerk to check possible solutions with Highways.      
135/14             (132/14) Resident operating scrap metal business from outside house in Little London – MDC have advised that the resident was not breaking the law by conducting business from his house. It was agreed to follow this up.
136/14             (134/14) Village Hall Committee - D Thorley became the new representative following the resignation of D Gilson.
137/14             (136/14) Transfer of SIDs administration to Parish Council – An interest was expressed with SCC who have now come back with proposals to implement the transfer. However, it was noted that costs and training were involved and we are trying to get into a partnership with neighbouring villages for it to be viable. Ongoing.

The Meeting was interrupted by the Annual Parish Meeting.

PLANNING   
138/14             2015/0834/HSE; Proposed demolition of existing garage and replacement extension and proposed enlarged roof to allow more living space; North View, Little London – After review of the proposals, BW proposed to recommend approval (PD seconded, 9 votes for, 1 abstention; DP did not take part in the vote, having declared an interest) with a concern of the roof line with the neighbouring property which may appear unbalanced.
139/14             2015/0839/HSE; Demolition of single storey rear extension, proposed two and single storey rear extension and front porch; 3 Steeds Terrace, Benter Lane, Oakhill – After review of the proposals, PD proposed to recommend approval (PB seconded, all agreed) as it would bring the back of the property in line with others on the terrace. No objections have been received from neighbours.
140/14             2015/0840/HSE; Proposed single storey side and rear extension; Lime Kiln Cottage, Chapel Lane to Stockhill, Gurney Slade – After review of the proposals, DG proposed to recommend approval (BW seconded, all agreed). No objections or comments were received from neighbours. 

FINANCE      
141/14             Financial statement – Statement to 13th May 2015 was agreed and signed.
142/14             The following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-
                              
698      S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary & Expenses      £283.78
695      HMRC; Clerk’s Tax                                        £5.22
617      JK Primrose (Open spaces maintenance)       £318.00
619      Came & Co (insurance)                                 £551.17

143/14             Parish Insurance Renewal – Following clerk’s recommendation, it was unanimously agreed to accept the quotation. It was noted that the 3-year lease agreement would expire in May 2016 and that it would be good practice to seek three quotations then.

MATTERS OF REPORT       
144/14             Flowers at the war memorial – A parishioner is tending to them.
145/14             HGVs going through the village – It was agreed to contact Stoke St Michael PC to mention the problem as it is due to HGV travelling from Stoke towards Oakhill which is the problem. Perhaps a width or weight limit sign might be required. 
146/14             Refurbishment of fingerposts – The work is now complete but it was noted that one finger post was missed. D Gilson agreed to ask the contractor the complete.
147/14             Japanese knotweed in Lime Kiln Lane – E Lewis agreed to report to MDC.
148/14             Overgrown hedge at Lancet House, Five Ways – Clerk to issue a letter on behalf of the Parish Council to remind the property owner of her duties to keep the hedge back.
149/14             Status of Dye Lane – C. Haskins confirmed it was indeed a footpath. E Lewis to ask C Haskins for some footpaths signs to be displayed. Clerk to draft a letter and email to E Lewis to help residents reach users who are cycling or horse riding on the lane.

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING          
150/14             The next Parish council meeting will be held on Wednesday 10th June 2015, at 7.30pm.          

MINUTES OF ANNUAL PARISH MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 13TH MAY 2015 AT 7.30PM

Present D Barlow (DB, Chair), R Battagel (RB), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD), S Emery (SE), D Gilson (DG), E Lewis (EL), D. Perkins (DP), C Sully (CS), D Thorley (DT) and B. Wells (BW).

In Attendance  S Vaillant (SV; Clerk), H Siggs (CountyCllr; in part) and 16 members of the public.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE          
151/14             No apologies were received.

PRESENTATION BY MIKE SMALLEY; COUNTY ROAD SAFETY TEAM        
152/14             M Smalley of SCCSomerset Road safety team did a presentation and interactive session on road safety and driver awareness, which was really well received.

CHAIRMAN’S REPORT      
153/14             The Chairman of the Council read his annual report, which will also be published on the website.      
154/14             It was agreed to chase up the moving of the 40mph signs on Little London /  High St.          

DISTRICT & COUNTY COUNCIL REPORTS      
155/14             Harvey’s report was read, but he was unable to stay for the whole meeting to comment.           

OPEN MEETING      
156/14             A resident asked about the situation with the proposed crossing in Gurney Slade – Confirmed that there currently was a legal problem with the exact location of the crossing which was delaying matters. Clerk to query with Highways and add to the agenda for June meeting.
157/14             Speed Limited around Nettlebridge – A resident asked if it would be possible to request an extension of the 40mph speed limit from just before Withy Cottage, through Nettlebridge as there have been 9 serious accidents in the past 12 months. It was noted that the area was still part of the village with people living there. It was agreed to contract Chris Betty, senior traffic engineer, to ask him to visit and assess.
158/14             Speed, no clear verges, 40mph zone but cars do not respect it (next Door to Peter Langmaid). They have a blind driveway. We will contact Chris Betty.    Maybe verges of the road be cleared to create a footpath? Young children cannot walk up to the school.

159/14             The meeting was closed.