Oakhill

Minutes for Annual Parish Meeting and May 2012

MINUTES OF ANNUAL PARISH MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 9th MAY 2012 AT 7.30PM

Present

D Barlow (DB), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD), S Emery (SE), D Gilson (DG), P Langmaid (PL), D Perkins (DP), C Sully (CS), J Thomson (JT) and B Wells (BW). 

In Attendance

Sandrine Vaillant (SV; Clerk), Harvey Siggs (HS, District Councillor), John Meeker (MDC) and 12 members of the public.

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

144/12

Apologies were received by E. Lewis (EL).

 

 

 

PRESENTATION BY JOHN MEEKER, MENDIP DISTRICT COUNCIL 

 

145/12

John Meeker (MDC) gave a presentation about the Localism Bill and its implications regarding future planning applications. A Q&A session followed.

 

 

 

DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

 

146/12

Harvey Siggs reported as follows:-

  • Added a few words about planning and the appeals process;
  • New leader of County Council;
  • Highways looking at more involvement with the parishes (eg. new pothole initiative);
  • Budget update.

 

 

 

CHAIRMAN’S REPORT   

 

147/12

Chairman’s report was read. Village Hall AGM on Tuesday 15th May was noted.

 

 

 

OPEN MEETING

 

148/12

The absence of District Councillors was noted. Clerk to write to MDC to relate our disappointment over the absence.

 SV

149/12

The Village Committee invited members of the public to attend committee meetings and to join the committee, which is shrinking in numbers.

 

 

MINUTES OF ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 9th MAY 2012 AT 20.56 PM

 

Present

D Barlow (DB), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD), S Emery (SE), D Gilson (DG), P Langmaid (PL), D Perkins (DP), C Sully (CS), J Thomson (JT) and B Wells (BW). 

In Attendance

Sandrine Vaillant (SV; Clerk) and 12 members of the public.

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

150/12

 

Apologies were received from E. Lewis (EL). 

N Housley (PCSO) and Wayne Closier (District Councillor) also advised they would not be able to attend the meeting.

 

 

DECLARATION OF INTEREST

 

151/12

No interest was declared.

 

 

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN

 

152/12

BW proposed (JT seconded, unanimously agreed) that DB be re-elected as Chairman to the parish council. DB accepted the office and the relevant form was signed. 

 

153/12

PD proposed (PL seconded, unanimously agreed) that EL be re-elected as vice-chairman. EL advised she would be happy to continue prior to the meeting.

 

 

QUEEN DIAMOND JUBILEE; BIG LUNCH

 

154/12

The order of the meeting was re-arranged to allow for a report by Pam Dennis, which was noted. Volunteers are wanted to help on the day.

 

155/12

It was noted that the Williams boys who distributed the leaflets (to advertise the Big Lunch and Council’s Annual Meetings) had done a very good job.

 

156/12

Given the amount of money raised by fundraising and donations, a large sum of money is expected to be left over after the event. Pam Dennis proposed to purchase a bench(s) for the Recreation Field.

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF APCM & APM HELD ON 11 MAY 2011 AND MATTERS ARISING

 

157/12

The minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held, with the following amendment:-

  • Item 130/11 – Should be read Dye Lane, not Little Lane.

 

158/12

(132/11) Village Hall Deeds – it was noted that the Deeds were still out with the Village Hall Solicitors.

 

159/12

The minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

PLANNING

 

160/12

Planning Application 2012/0804-5; Oakhill Manor, Zion Hill, Oakhill; Extension to Create Orangery – PB stated that the parish rejected the application three years ago on the basis of the materials used. Following review of the drawings, design statement and an example of the proposed masonry utilising suggested materials, CS proposed (SE seconded, all agreed) to recommend approval. No objections were received from neighbours or parishioners.

 


 

161/12

Proposed wind turbines, Maesbury Quarry – Letter from TUK was noted. PL and PB to attend meeting. Proposals to be discussed next month.

 

162/12

An email received regarding an e-petition against wind turbine read and noted.

 

 

FINANCE

 

163/12

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses – Invoice dated 9th May 2012 was agreed. Cheques #547 and #548 (HMRC) were signed. All agreed.

 

164/12

Diamond Jubilee – expenses and invoices were agreed and cheques signed as follows:-

  • Hire of Bouncy Castles; cheque #549
  • Purchase of tableware; cheque #550
  • Float; cheque #551
  • Purchase of fireworks; cheque #552
  • Leafleting; cheque #558
  • Face painting artist; cheque #559
  • Accessories for fancy dress; cheque #560
  • Printing of banners; cheque #561
  • Hire of portaloos; cheques #562 (deposit) and #563 (balance)

 

165/12

Grounds Maintenance – Invoice from JK Primorse was agreed. Cheque #553 was signed.

 

166/12

Leigh on Mendip 1st School (Printing of leaflets) – Invoice ref. I/171 was agreed. Cheque #554 was signed.

 

167/12

SALC (Clerk’s Finance training) – Invoice dated March 2012 was agreed. Cheque #555 was signed.

 

168/12

Insurance renewal – Following Clerk’s recommendation, it was agreed to renew insurance cover with Came & Co. Cheque #556 was signed.

 

 

 

MATTERS OF REPORT

 

169/12

Councillors interests were recorded as follows:

DB        Footpaths, SALC

SE        Education/school liaison

DP        Farming and Youth activities, Village Hall Committee

DG        Historical documents

PD        Planning, Aggregates policies, Quarry issues

PL         Website and Forestry

EL         War Memorial and website

BW       Highways, Rec Field Maintenance

PB         Finance, Planning

 

170/12

CS stood down as SALC representative. Clerk to write to SALC to inform. DB to attend meeting with Clerk when able to.

SV

171/12

Village Hall committee – Following vote, DP was elected as representative on the Village Hall Committee. The Chair thanked D. Gilson for his contribution on the Village Hall Committee.  Chair suggested the Village Hall Committee stays on the agenda as a permanent item.

 

172/12

Clerk to report lamp post No 7 on Bath road still not working.

SV

173/12

Clerk read PCSO report, which was noted.

 

174/12

Footpath by Oakhill Garage – Clerk to contact Claire Haskins or Ramblers Association regarding possibility of installing railing on the steps to prevent them from being slippery.

 SV

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

175/12

The next Parish council meeting will be held on Wednesday 11th July 2011, at 7.30pm.