Oakhill

Minutes for April 2011

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 13th APRIL 2011 AT 7.30PM

Present

P. Briscoe (PB; Chairman), B Wells (BW), P Dennis (PD), D Gilson (DG),

C Sully (CS), P Langmaid (PL), E Lewis (EL), S Emery (SE), G Halfhide (GH) and S Priscott (SP) District Councillors. 

In Attendance

Sandrine Vaillant (SV; Clerk) and 4 member of the public.

Chair introduced the meeting to the members of the public present to support planning applications and Janet Thomson, standing for the Parish Council elections (in part).

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

77/11

Apologies were received from D Barlow (DB), D Perkins (DP) and K Matlin (KM).
Nicky Housley (PCSO) also advised that she would not be able to attend the meeting.

 

 

DECLARATION OF INTEREST

 

78/11

CS and PL declared personal, but non-prejudicial, interests in respect of planning application 2011/0480.

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 9th MARCH 2011

 

79/11

The minutes of the meeting held on 9th March 2011 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (where not dealt with later)

 

80/11

(43/11) Engraving and fitting of plaque and bench – All fitted. Action complete.

BW believes that lorries turning may still be a problem and cause future damage to the bench. SV to query with Highways if two large stones could be put in place to mark the corners at Galley Batch Lane.

 

 SV

81/11

(46/11) Elections – Action complete.

 

82/11

(51/11) School Collaboration on Spring Clean up – SE reported that the School had not fixed a date yet. SE to pursue.

 SE

83/11

(52/11) Grit Bins – Clerk has written to SCC Highways who have made a note of the locations to ensure all bins are replenished in future. Action complete.

 

84/11

(56/11) Mendip Local Development Framework – PB and CS attended roadshow in Chilcompton and a formal response, similar to that forwarded during the first round of consultation 2 years ago, was forwarded to MDC. Action complete.

 

85/11

(64/11) Domain Name Registration – PL updated that cheque No499 for domain name registration was correct, and warned to be vigilant in the future when issuing cheques pertaining to the website. Expenses to be checked with PL and Jack Stringer before issue.

Clerk to query with SALC how much information should be made accessible on the website and what other councils do.

 

 

 SV

86/11

(65/11) Website Maintenance – Letter was issued to Jack Stringer confirming acceptance of his quotation for maintenance for 2011. Action complete.

 

 

87/11

(66/11) Internal Audit - Clerk has now completed the accounts to 31st March 2011 and will organise for the internal audit.

SV

88/11

(67/11) Employer’s Liability Cover – This is included in the parish cover. There are no further actions to take due to the slightly unusual set up of Parish Councils only having one employee. Action complete.

 

 

PLANNING

 

89/11

M. Davie regarding planning applications (x3) and his own application.

In 2000 put 2 stables, and now would like to add extend as daughter is good rider and would like to house more horses. Hard standing for horses in winter to avoid them standing in the mud.

 

90/11

Planning Application 2011/0454; Erection of Oak Framed Garage, Formation of New Gravel Drive and new Entrance onto Private Road; Courage Cottage, High Street, Oakhill -  Mr Davie, representative for the applicants, gave background information to the application and clarified the position with regards to the back wall, the colour of the stones and finishing material.

Following inspection of the drawings, BW proposed to recommend approval as the proposed works are in keeping with the local character and will keep cars off the road. SE seconded. 7 votes ‘for’, 1 ‘against’.

 

91/11

Planning Application 2011/0462; Demolition of Existing single storey structure and construction of new single storey extension and link corridor; Courage Cottage, High Street, Oakhill – following inspection of the drawings, BW proposed to recommend approval as the proposed works are in proportion and in keeping with the surrounding architecture. It is also an improvement on the wall currently standing. SE seconded; unanimously agreed.

 

92/11

Planning Application 2011/0480; Erection of new stable block (3 stables) and formation of new concrete and hardcore yards; Whitybrook Farm, Bath Road, Oakhill – Mr Davie gave background information to his application and the proposed works. PD proposed to recommend approval as the construction does not affect anyone else, and will enhance the existing equestrian facilities. SE seconded, unanimously agreed.

 

93/11

Planning Application 2011/0490; To erect a polytunnel, Field 2947 off Old Frome Road -  John Turner introduced himself and gave background information to his planning application to increase the size of the lavender plantation. Following confirmation of emplacement, PL proposed to recommend approval in support of the extension of an existing agricultural business and in line with the PC’s wishes to support local industry. DG seconded, unanimously agreed.

 

94/11

Chair updated the council on recently granted planning applications.

  • P/A 2011/0125; Pruning of 3 Beech trees, Oakhill Cottage, Zion Hill – No objection.
  • P/A 2011/0096; Works/felling to tree(s); The Willows, High Street – No objection.
  • P/A 2009/2113; Replace UPVC windows and rear & gable end of main dweeling; The Cottage, Little London – Listed building consent granted.
  • P/A 2011/0244; Felling of ash tree; The old Coach House, Bath Road – Approved with conditions.

 

 

FINANCE

 

95/11

Clerk’s Salary – Invoice dated 13th April 2011 was agreed. Cheques #501 and #502 (HMRC tax proportion) were signed.

Clerk’s Expenses – Invoice dated 13th April 2011 was agreed. Cheque #503 was signed.

 

96/11

Agreement of End of Year Accounts – Clerk and Chair tabled spreadsheet of year accounts. Clerk to email copy for Councillors to review for agreement at next meeting.

SV

 

97/11

Bank Account change of address – All agreed to change the address for the bank statement. Relevant form was signed. Clerk to forward to bank.

 SV

98/11

Risk Assessment & Assets Register – Risk assessment document was reviewed during the meeting and agreed;

  • Village Hall - It was confirmed that this was insured by the Village Hall committee.
  • Filing cabinet – Clerk to research suitable cabinet and propose for purchase.
  • Clerk to copy electronic parish files for safe keeping at different location. 

Asset register to 31st March 2011 was agreed;

  • Clerk to contact insurance company to advise of additional grit bin purchased.
  • Clerk to email a copy of Asset Register to Chair for final review of figures.

SV

SV

 

 

SV

SV

99/11

Payment of Invoice from Furnitubes (Bench) – Invoice No 212919, dated 21st February 2011, was agreed. Cheque #504 was signed.

 

100/11

Subscription to Community Council – Following discussion, a vote took place to decide whether to stop the subscription: 7 ‘for’, 1 ‘against’. It was decided not to renew the subscription.

 

101/11

Increase of Parish Precept in Council Tax Bill – Clerk has queried this with MDC. The very slight increase in the parish proportion of the council tax is due to the ‘average Band D’ number of household having fallen slightly. The precept (same as last year) was shared between fewer households, resulting in an increase of the bills. 

 

 

CONSULTATION ON PROPOSED CLOSURE OF BINEGAR SCHOOL

 

102/11

SE gave background information to the proposals, which are, mainly, the result of funding cuts. This was noted by the PC.

 

 

WASTE PLANNING CONSULTATION

 

103/11

Clerk brought to the PC’s attention. Consultation to be filled online by individuals.

 

 

WAR MEMORIAL WALL 

 

104/11

Chair updated the council regarding the insurance position.

Deeds – it was agreed that the clerk would write to the bank and Dyne & Drewett to locate the deeds.

EL queried whether we should contact the war memorial people to get the ball rolling with regards to funding if needed. It was agreed to wait for the return of quotations.

 

 

SV

 

ANY OTHER MATTERS OF REPORT ARISING

 

105/11

District Councillor Report – Cllr Halfhide advised that it was quiet at District Council as we are coming up to elections.

Chair thanked Cllr Halfhide for all his work over the last 4 years, his help in explaining how things work and taking matters up on the PC’s behalf.

 

106/11

Registration of The Pound (garden area) – Clerk to contact Patrick Crossman to query progress.

 


 

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

107/11

The Annual Parish Council Meeting will be held on 11th May 2011 at 7.00pm and will be interrupted at 7.30pm by The Annual Parish Meeting. 

 A motion followed on whether to undertake a leaflet drop to advertise further and entice more people to attend: 4 in favour, 4 against; it was decided not to undertake exercise. APM to be advertised on website, parish magazine, school newsletter, noticeboards, at the Dr surgery and in the pub and shop. Clerk to draft notice.

Refreshements to be provided:  Cllrs to organize cakes, Clerk to bring tea/coffe. 

 

 

 

SV

 

ALL