Oakhill

Minutes for 2016 Annual Parish Meeting

MINUTES OF ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 11TH MAY 2016 AT 07:00 PM

Present D Barlow (DB, Chair), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD), S Emery (SE), D Gilson (DG), D. Perkins (DP), D Thorley (DT) and B. Wells (BW).
In Attendance R Carter (District Cllr, in part) and 6 members of the public.

Chair welcomed all present and explained the format of the meeting. 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from R Battagel (RB), E Lewis (EL) and C Sully (CS). 
The Clerk, S Vaillant, was also unable to attend due to illness. SE agreed to take the minutes in the Clerk’s absence.
County Councillor H Siggs and PCSO N Housley advised that they would not be able to attend the meeting.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & DISPENSATIONS
No interest was declared nor requests for dispensation made. 

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
BW proposed (PD seconded, unanimously agreed) that David Barlow be (re-)elected as Chairman to the parish council. DB accepted the office and the relevant form was signed.

BW proposed (DG seconded, unanimously agreed) that EL be (re-)elected as vice-chairman. EL advised before the meeting that she would accept the office should she be nominated.

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF APCM & APM HELD ON 13TH MAY 2015 AND MATTERS ARISING
The minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held. 

(134/15) Flooding at Sun Cottage – There has been no action yet despite promises of remedial works from Highways. To chase.

(135/15) Resident operating scrap metal business from outside house in Little London – It was noted that the situation had improved and that it was not so messy. Action complete.

(137/15) Transfer of SIDs administration to Parish Council – Transfers have been indefinitely postponed due to problems encountered with the first few parishes to adopt SIDs. Action complete.

(145/15) HGVs through the village, from Stoke St Michael – Following site meetings with Highways, it was agreed to put up some signs near Stoke St Michael, but these have still not been erected. Chase.

(146/15) Refurbishment of finger posts – All the fingers posts were refurbished, except for one that was missed. Good job!

(148/15) Overgrown hedge at Lancet House – The hedge has been cut back a little. Action complete.

Status of Dye Lane and use by horses – There are still concerns with horses using the lane, as well as cars and bikes.

(164/15) 40mph sign in Little London – The speed limit was moved further out of the village in Little London and on Stoke Road. However, the sign in Galley Batch has not been done yet.

(156/15) Crossing at Gurney Slade - Issues have been resolved but the crossing is not in place yet.

(157/15) Speed limit around Nettlebridge – BW and DB met with Highways during the year, who have said they would not be able to move the signs. It was queried whether chevron signs on the bends should be installed both ways?

The Meeting was interrupted by the Annual Parish Meeting.

PLANNING
Planning Application 2016/0833&0834/HSE&LBC; Ashwick Court, Heckley Lane, Ashwick; Lower Ground level single storey extension and internal alterations to the main house and north extension and internal alterations – BW proposed to recommend approval, PB seconded (unanimously agreed).

Planning Application 2016/0925/FUL; The White House, Frome Road to Underhill, Gurney Slade; Partial demolition of existing storage buildings, new 2 storey rear office extension, new 2 storey side extension and improvements to the existing office building facades – PD proposed to recommend approval, DT seconded (unanimously agreed).

FINANCE
Financial statement and agreement of year end accounts – Clerk not present. Year End Accounts to be agreed at June Meeting.

The following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-

744 S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary & Expenses   £265.64
745 HMRC; Clerk’s Tax                         £57.80
746 Came & Co (insurance renewal)   £546.31
748 SALC (membership renewal)       £323.19

Parish Insurance Renewal – Following clerk’s recommendation, it was unanimously agreed to accept the quotation and to renew the 3-year agreement.

MATTERS OF REPORT
Noticeboards – It was felt that there were too many personal notices.

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish council meeting will be held on Wednesday 8th June 2016, at 7.30pm.

MINUTES OF ANNUAL PARISH MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 11TH MAY 2016 AT 7.30PM
Present D Barlow (DB, Chair), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD), S Emery (SE), D Gilson (DG), D. Perkins (DP), D Thorley (DT) and B. Wells (BW).
In Attendance R Carter (District Cllr, in part) and 8 members of the public.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
No apologies were received from E Lewis (EL) and C Sully (CS). 
The Clerk, S Vaillant, is also unable to attend due to illness. SE agreed to take the minutes in the Clerk’s absence.
Chairman apologised for not having a speaker at the meeting. James Heappey was not available, nor were Nikki Housley, PCSO, or our Village Agent. 

CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
The Chairman of the Council read his annual report, which will also be published on the website.

Speedwatch will start on 26th May.

A street name sign has now been added at Coronation Terrace.

Registration of Recreation Field on Land Registry – Valuation has been obtained from Killens. Ongoing.

COUNTY COUNCIL REPORT
Chair read the report circulated by Harvey Siggs before the meeting. 

DISTRICT COUNCIL REPORTS
Rachel Carter gave a report on the District Council activities for the past year.
Reporting to 4 local villages
Bus stop in Nettlebridge; It will be possible to have a bus stop, but only if it is moved further along the road towards Stratton on the Fosse.
Has been continuously supporting the council regarding highway matters. 
Flooded areas – Heckley Lane. Rubbish has also been tipped on the footpath. 
Broadband in the village – It was queried when Broadband will be available.
Oil Scheme – Advised that reduced prices are available, with various tariffs for houses and businesses. Doreen Marks should be able to give more information.

VILLAGE AGENT’S REPORT
Chair read report circulated prior to the meeting. 

OPEN MEETING
The need for defibrillators was highlighted following a parishioner falling ill in the Church a few days before the meeting. The Parish Council has already agreed to procure some defibrillators and will be submitting a grant application to the British Heart Foundation.

It was queried whether defibrillators should be installed at both churches as well as at the Recreation Field. The Village Hall Committee would be willing to help with any fundraising.

Voluntary car scheme to drive people to the surgery. It was agreed to post notices in the parish magazine to see if people are interested.

The meeting was closed.