Oakhill

Minutes for January 2013

                                                                                                              

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 9TH JANUARY 2013 AT7.30PM

 

Present

D Barlow (DB; Chair), P. Dennis (PD),   S Emery  (SE), D Gilson (DG), P Langmaid (PL), E. Lewis (EL), D Perkins (DP), C   Sully (CS) and B Wells (BW).

In Attendance

S Vaillant(SV; Clerk),N Housley(PCSO; in part), H Siggs (CountyCouncillor, in part).

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Action

1/13              

Apologies were received from P Briscoe (PB).

 

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

2/13              

CS declared an interest in planning application 2012/2900; Pondsmead Nursing Home.

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETINGS HELD

 

3/13              

The minutes of the meeting held on 12th    December 2012 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held, with the following amendments:-

  • Item 408/12 should read ‘keen’ not ‘keep’.
  • Item 408/12 should read Mr Wright not Right.

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (where not dealt with later)

 

4/13              

(353/12)   Lamp Post on Zion Hill – Ongoing.

 

5/13              

(325/12)   Condition of Perimeter Wall; Pondsmead – Clerk read response from Quintain’s building surveyors, confirming the wall had been inspected and were in the process of obtaining a copy of the report.

 

6/13              

(265/12)   Speed Indicator Devices – Agreed to officially ask for permission to purchase and install a device from Highways and research costs attached.

 SV

7/13              

QEII   fields Challenge 2012 – An enquiry has been sent to invite a representative for a presentation at the AGM in March. Awaiting Response. 

 

8/13              

(382/12)   Fallen wall opposite Bramley Farm – Clerk has contacted SCC to investigate options to get it repaired. EL to email name of owner for Clerk to advise   SCC.

EL/SV

9/13              

(388/12)   Clerk to write letter of Thanks to Janis for her time on the council.

SV

10/13           

(215/12)   Numerous potholes onPound Lane– Following last month’s discussion, it was noted that one pothole had been fixed but that the road was now extremely muddy. Report to Highways to discuss.

 SV

11/13           

(215/12)   Area of grass at the Pound junction - Clerk to contact highways to investigate solutions to prevent vehicles driving on the grass.

 SV

12/13           

(418/12)   Playground inspections – Chair thanked Sarah for doing the inspections over the last few years and Jan Langmaid has agreed she would now undertake the inspections with EL and DB.

 

13/13           

(419/12)   Newly built lake on private property; Gurney Slade – Clerk to investigate with planners and Environment Agency as to the need for permission and   specific standards.

 

SV

 

 

DISTRICT & COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORTS

 

14/13           

HS reported as follows:-

  •   New scheme for shared SIDs between villages;
  •   General Highways update;
  •   Government settlement and reductions in budget at MDC (7.5%) and SCC (5%);
  •   Precepts update;
  •   New street lights contractor and policy.

 

15/13           

HS   responded to the following queries:-

  •   Gurney Slade crossing: Aiming to complete design stage this year for implementation with next year’s budget.
  •   Tarmacing of pavement alongBath Roadall the way up to A37. HS requested a sketch illustrating the portion of pavement to be tarmaced. Clerk to forward.

 SV

 

 

CONSULTATIONS

 

16/13           

Mendip   DC Local Development Plan – CS has read and reviewed it and thought there wasn’t anything different from what was circulated a couple of years ago.   Nothing significant. CS and PB to meet next week to fill in the form and send a response, perhaps with note about our doubts over fracking.

 

 

PLANNING

 

17/13           

Updates on previous applications:-

Application   2012/2201; Warren Farm Wind Turbine; Notice of Appeal – No decision

Application   2012/2366; The Rectory, Fosse Road; Single storey extension (N), alterations to vehicular access, alterations to garage and widened window (E) – Approved   w/c.

Application   2012/2537; Spencer House, Manor Place, High Street, Oakhill; Proposed works to trees in a conservation area – TPO not required, no objections.

Application   2012/2538; Spencer House, Manor Place, High Street, Oakhill; Proposed pruning of a Western Red Cedar Tree subject to Tree Preservation Order – Approved   w/c.

 

18/13           

Application   2012/2835; The Court Yard, Oakhill; Construction of two storey garage with first floor storage area – Resolved to recommend refusal. Although the council had not received any objections, it is felt that the design proposals are not in keeping with the surrounding buildings in a conservation area, particularly regarding the flat roof which is not very attractive.

 

19/13           

Application   2012/2900; Pondsmead Nursing Home, Oakhill; Installation of new fencing to specific areas around Pondsmead Care Home grounds to deter unauthorized access to certain areas for Health & Safety reasons – Resolved to recommend approval. However:-

  • Item 3) The areas called 'pits' are not pits but natural swallets, which must not be obstructed.
  • There is a difference in height of around 10 inches between the proposed fence to be built and that   currently there. Could you ensure that the new fence matches the existing (in terms of heights) as per the design statement.

 

 

FINANCE

 

20/13           

Financial   Statement – Statement to 8th December 2012 was agreed.

 

21/13           

The   following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-

                                                                                                                             £

600     S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary & Expenses                                                    240.11

601     HMRC; Clerk’s Tax                                                                                      53.00
                                                                                                                           293.11

 

22/13           

Budget   2013/14 – Draft budget was discussed. To be agreed next month with precept.

 

23/13           

Online   Banking – It was agreed to investigate further and approach the bank to   discuss.

 

 

MATTERS OF REPORT

 

24/13           

Highways   – DB to email Andrew Turner regarding the Pound, recent flooding and to mention the letter received by parishioners in Gurney Slade.

DB also to reply to the letter to advise we will be pushing for improvement works.

 DB

25/13           

PCSO   – Nicky housley reported on recent incidents in the parish.

  •   Vehicles parked at the junction of the pub andA362 Bath Road; Nicky is aware of the situation and has been speaking with owners.
  •   30mph signs in High Street around Little London; contact Jeff Bunting.

 

SV

26/13           

Village   Hall – DP updated on fund raising activities to meet the estimated budget of  £15,000. Clerk to obtain form to apply for Health & Wellbeing grant.

 SV

27/13           

Footpaths   – Upkeep ongoing. Janis Thompson has expressed an interest in taking over the role. Clerk to email Janice with details of the paths walked, to obtain maps of parish footpaths and forward details of Mendip Ramblers to DB.

SV

 

28/13           

Maintenance of the Pound - This will be maintained by a group of volunters led by Lizzie. 

 

29/13           

Website:-

  • EL to update diary page.
  • PL advised that Jack   Stringer was still supporting the website although invoice for last year’s   maintenance has not been received.

 

30/13           

Harridge Wood – It was reported that some boulders had come down and that one was left  in a precarious position. PL to visit and give details to SV for forwarding to Claire Haskins.

 PL/SV

31/13           

SALC/School   – Nothing to report.

 

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

32/13           

The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 13th March 2013 at7.30pm at the Village Hall.