Oakhill

Minutes for January 2017

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 1st JANUARY 2017 AT 7.30PM

Present: D Barlow (DB, Chair), R Battagel (RB), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD), S Emery (SE), D Gilson (DG), E Lewis (EL, Vice Chair), D Thorley (DT) and B Wells (BW).

In Attendance:     S Vaillant (Clerk), R Carter (District Cllr, in part) and H Siggs (County Cllr, in part).

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from C Sully (CS).

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & DISPENSATIONS
No interest was declared, nor requests for dispensations made.

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETING HELD
The minutes of the meeting held on 14th December 2016 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held with the following amendments:
365/16 should read DB instead of PD.
363/16 should read BW instead of CW.

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (where not dealt with later)
(48/16) Additional Light on the High Street – Clerk has contacted SCC to enquire about the possibility of an additional light be mounted to existing post no 2781-3 adjacent to Chapelfield and Brewery Lane. PD to forward additioanl locations where lights might be needed.

(121/16) Tidy up and possible re-landscaping of the Pound Garden – Ongoing.

(176/16) Application to War Memorial Trust Grant Scheme – MDC have advised that Listed Building Consent would not be necessary for the works to be undertaken, however, they have asked that SK Conservation contact them before commencing the works to confirm their method statement. Clerk also asked that SK Consulting advise of their start date asap in order to let the WMT know as per grant contract condition.    DG to liaise with the residents at Pooh Corner once start date has been agreed.

(177/16) Defibrillator – Clerk has now ordered the external cabinet for the defibrillator, the location of which is still to be confirmed.

(291/16) New dog in on Recreation Field - MDC have confirmed that their contractor would be emptying the dog bin if it was placed nearer the Village Hall. Clerk to order additional bin.

(312/16) Pondsmead – Clerk has recently written to Quintain Estate. Waiting for response. Ongoing.

(330/16) Fly tipping on Pound Lane – Reported to MDC.

(350/16) Temporary Road Closure from Zion Hill to Underhill – There were no issues with deliveries at the PO during the works.

(351/16) BT Proposal to remove telephone box on High Street – Clerk read email response from MDC and it was confirmed that the PC had no objections to its removal.

(355/16) Updated proposals for new crossing – Clerk to check if the plan will be amended following the consultation exercise, as the PC does not want the crossing as per the current drawing.

(355/16) D Gilson agreed to contact BT to find out who owns the piece of land with the telephone exchange on the High Street – Ongoing. Clerk to ask Highways or MDC (Max).

(331/16) Housing Association – Clerk is trying to find out which housing association runs the cottages on the High Street.

(356/16) Dangerous bend along Pondsmead Wall – DB to follow up.

262/16 Tree Works; Clerk to contact highways and let them know about the overhanging vegetation.

DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORTS
R Carter reported as follows:-
Serious financial challenges coming up; Board to issue advice about investment decisions and income generation to fulfill their objectives.
Lavender Field off Old Frome Road; Applicant is now appealing.

H Siggs reported as follows:-
Crossing outside the school; An update has been requested. Commissioned detailed design last Monday, due by March. Should commence construction by last quarter of 2017. Harvey advised we needed to keep feeding the comments.
DB asked if we could meet on site with an engineer. Harvey will see what he can do and contact local manager to meet with us during the day.
Also agreed to investigate if he can help with the bus route going through the High Street instead of going straight from the school towards the beacon.

PLANNING
Updates on previous applications:-
2016/1988/TCA; Spencer House, Manor Place, High Street, Oakhill; Notification of proposed works to trees in a conversation area – TPO not required (no objection).
2016/2225/FUL; Field 2947 off Old Frome Road, Doulting; Single Storey 2 bedroom wooden house – Refusal.
2016/2320/CLE; Use of land for purposes ancillary to the residential enjoyment of Field View; Field View, Zion Hill, Oakhill – No decision.
2016/2496/FUL; Lime Kiln Lane, Bath Road, Oakhill, BA3 5AF; Erection of 25m slim line lattice mast – Approved w/c.
2016/2522/FUL; Land at Old Frome Road, Oakhill; Application for the retention of 2 agricultural buildings / field shelters (Retrospective) – Harvey will try to find out about the situation on this.
2016/2827/VRC; New Row Farm, Yelling Mill Lane, Downside; Application for variation of condition 2 on planning consent 2014/1929/VRC – No decision.
2016/2893/TCA; Oakhill Cottage; Various works to trees – No decision.
2016/2782/HSE; 4 Gladstone Villas, Pound Lane, Oakhill; Proposed 2 storey and single storey extensions – Approved w/c.
2016/2688/FUL; R S Howell Workshop, Upper Benter, Oakhill; Proposed conversion of 2No business units into holiday let accommodation – No decision.
2016/2812/FUL; Rookery Farm, Ashwick; Change of use from hanger to B8 storage and distribution and part residential parking – Clerk read response from MDC explaining the use of B8. It was unanimously agreed to leave the decision to MDC but ask that a condition is put in place to restrict access to medium sized vehicles, as there are already signs on the roads prohibiting HGVs (PD proposed, PB seconded, unanimous decision).

FINANCE
Budget and Parish Precept 2017/18 – Clerk to circulate draft budget.
Financial Statement – Financial statement to 10th January 2017 was agreed.

The following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-

775 S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary & Expenses                     £359.12
776 HMRC                                                                         £69.40
777 Village Hall Committee (Hire of Room for Parish Meetings)    £132.00
778 Last grass cutting on contract                                         £318.00

MATTERS OF REPORT
Highways – BW stated potholes were re-appearing again.

SALC – Clerk attended meeting on Thursday 15th December and circulated notes.

Village Hall – There has not been another meeting since December. Concerns were reported about safety of using the urns and this has been addressed.

PCSO – Chair advised of the new policy about PCSOs not attending Parish Council meetings any more. It was agreed to keep an eye on the information circulated to the Neighbourhood Watch and Farm Watch groups and circulate or report as appropriate.

PB reported on cars in the car park in the evening. Clerk to report to Nikki to ask her if she could drive by in the evenings to monitor and deter.

Speedwatch – Needs to be re-activated.

Footpaths – Footpath by the garage has been reported and Clare said she would be looking into it but nothing has happened yet.

School – Nothing to report.

Clerk to let Village Agent, Jacky Smith, know about the next of the Annual Meeting.

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Meeting will be held on 8th February 2017 at 7.30pm at the Village Hall.