Oakhill

Minutes for June 2013

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 12th JUNE 2013 AT7.30PM

 

Present

D Barlow (DB; Chair), P. Dennis (PD),   S Emery   (SE), D Gilson (DG), C Sully (CS) and B Wells (BW).

In Attendance

S Vaillant(SV; Clerk).

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Action

165/13       

Apologies   were received from P Briscoe (PB), P Langmaid (PL), E. Lewis   (EL) and D Perkins (DP).

 

166/13       

H. Siggs (CountyCllr) and N. Housley (PCSO) also advised they would not be able to attend the meeting.

 

167/13       

Clerk to ensure the agendas and minutes are sent to the new District Councillor.

SV

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST &   DISPENSATIONS

 

168/13       

No interest was declared and no dispensations were requested. 

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETING   HELD

 

169/13       

The minutes of the meeting held on 10th April 2013 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (where not dealt with later)

 

170/13       

(103/13)   Gurney Slade Noticeboard – Clerk advised that the noticeboard was with a Gurney Slade councillor. DG agreed to meet with Mr Blatchford to discuss and recover the board before deciding on where to position it.

SV/DG

171/13       

(105/13)   Telephone Box – PD confirmed that ‘pillar box’ red exterior paint was readily available in the shops and agreed to purchase, with some undercoat.

 PD/SE

 

172/13       

(107/13)  OakhillVillageMarkers – Clerk to invite Highways to visit the location where we propose to locate the stones once a drawing is available. DB and PD agreed to speak to Andy James regarding the design.

DB/PD

173/13       

(117/13)   Highways visit to Oakhill – Neil Corp will contact BW directly to organise a suitable date and time. DB also agreed to attend.

 

174/13       

(118/13)   Tarmacing of Pavement on Bath Rd– HS advised at the Annual Meeting in May that he would pursue the matter as he had promised to include the retarmacing of the footpath in the next budget.

 

175/13       

(120/13)   ‘No through road’ sign at the top of Dean Lane– sign has been requested online. Clerk to chase.

SV

176/13       

(124/13)   Repointing of War Memorial – Clerk has contacted Mrs Hipperson of Pooh Corner. Awaiting response.

 

177/13       

Following the distribution of leaflets advertising the Annual Meeting, DB suggested publishing a copy of his report in the parish magazine.

DB

 

DISTRICT & COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORTS

 

178/13       

No District or County Councillorspresent

 

 

COUNCILLORS RESPONSIBILITIES /   INTERESTS

 

179/13       

Councillors interests were recorded as follows:

D.Barlow           Footpaths,   SALC

P. Briscoe          Finance,   Planning

C. Sully             Finance,   Planning

P. Dennis           Planning,  Aggregates policies, Quarry issues, Website

S. Emery           Education/school liaison

D. Gilson            Historical   documents / monuments

P. Langmaid       Website and Forestry

E. Lewis            War Memorial and website

D. Perkins          Farming and Youth activities, Village Hall Committee

B. Wells             Highways, Rec Field Maintenance

 

 

 

ALLOTMENTS

 

180/13       

There have been no requests over the last year.

 

 

QEII FIELDS CHALLENGE

 

181/13       

DG  spoke with the Council’s solicitors who believed we did not have an entry on the Land Registry for the playing fields; therefore we were not able to meet the deadline to apply for QEII field status.

 

182/13       

It was unanimously agreed that the land should be recorded on the Land Register.   Clerk to contact the Council’s Solicitors to enquire what would be involved in getting the land registered, including any fees for the registration and solicitor’s work.

 

 SV

 

 

PLANNING

 

183/13       

Updates on previous applications:-

Application   2012/2981; Former Maesbury Quarry; Single wind turbine – No decision   Application 2013/0225; Sun Cottage; construction of extension – Approved w/c.  

Application   2013/0553; Spring Cottage (formerly Nyahlene), Ashwick; Raising and alterations to roof, replacement porch, rear extension, first floor balcony –  Approved w/c.

Planning Application 2013/0890; Field 2947 offOld     Frome Road, Beacon Hill; to create an area of hard standing and to erect a single storey building – No decision.

Planning Application 2013/0819; Nyahlene, Ashwick;   Demolition of existing garage and new build annex to the side of Spring Cottage (formally Nyalene) housing dog kennels, preparation area and storage   – No decision.

 

184/13       

Application 2012/2947; Long Acres, Pound Lane; Application for the removal of Condition 4 of planning permission relating to agricultural occupancy of the dwelling – Permission has been granted with condition. Clerk to circulate permission as issued by MDC.

 SV

185/13       

Application   2013/0575; Beacon View, Fosse Rd; Proposed single storey side extension and attached garage – This application was approved with conditions despite the council’s recommendation for refusal. Clerk has queried the decision with MDC. Awaiting response.

 

186/13       

Application   2013/0935; The Court Yard, Oakhill; Construction of garage with room in roof   (re-submission) – After review of the drawings and the proposals, it was agreed to recommend approval.

 

187/13       

Application   2013/1090; The Spinney, Zion Hill, Oakhill; Proposed pruning of a Lime tree (T1) subject to Tree Preservation Order M1077 – It was unanimously agreed to leave the decision to the tree conservation officer.

 

188/13       

Pre-Application Consultation; Proposed solar project at New Row Farm,  Underwood, Downside – DB reported on the public meeting at Doulting Village Hall, which was well attended. It was noted that most visitors were concerned with the visual impact of the solar panels. The proposed development was noted but it was decided to wait until formal planning application is submitted to send a response.

 

 

FINANCE

 

189/13       

Financial Statement – Statement to 11th June    2013 was agreed.

 

190/13       

Internal Auditor’s report was noted.

 

191/13       

The   following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-

                                                                                                                                 £

620     S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary & Expenses                                                    283.78

621     HMRC; Clerk’s Tax                                                                                        2.20

622     K Cockroft (Internal Auditor)                                                                        42.90

623     J&K Primrose (Grounds Maintenance)                                                          318.00

624     The Good Companions                                                                               100.00
                                                                                                                           746.88

 

 

192/13       

Grant request from the Good Companions – Due to cut in funding in recent years it was unanimously agreed to grant £100, which was over the requested amount of £75.

 

 

MATTERS OF REPORT

 

193/13       

Highways – Clerk to circulate email regarding the Flood Mitigation Fund, to ascertain if an application could be made to remedy the flooding problems at the Pound.

 SV 

194/13       

Speedwatch – SID information was circulated prior to the meeting, together with the speed results in the High Street. PD advised that Robin Perry would be interested in doing Speedwatch in a couple of months time.

 

195/13       

School/Footpaths   – SE reported on current problems regarding the re-routing of the footpath currently running through the school playground. It was suggested that the school approach the PC for support.

 

196/13       

PCSO   – Report emailed prior to the meeting was noted.

 

197/13       

Village Hall/War Memorial – Nothing further to report.

 

198/13       

SALC   East Area Meeting, 15th July    2013 – SV and DB to attend. Clerk to rsvp.

SV

199/13       

Correspondence:-

  •   Highways Environmental   Maintenance Information 2013;
  •   Planters on Binegar Gurney Slade   side on A37; Clerk to respond confirming the council’s support.
  •   Rookery Farm; letter from P. Langmaid   – It was agreed to pass to MDC as complaint received from parishioner.
  •   Letter from Bristol Water;   replacement of water main on main road. Road closure during the summer   holiday. Noted.
  •   Defibrillator; a letter was sent from a parishioner asking that we consider purchasing a defibrillator. It was agreed to pursue. Clerk to add to next agenda.

 SV

 SV

 

SV

200/13       

Newsletter – Jackie Smith asked to be included in the next parish newsletter. It was agreed to draft a newsletter for distribution in October. Clerk to add to agenda for September meeting.

 SV

201/13       

It was noted that the light on Zion Hill had been moved to light up Dean Lane. Clerk to write thank you letter to SCC.

SV

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

202/13       

The next Parish council meeting will be held on Wednesday 10th July 2013, at7.30pm.