Oakhill

Minutes for June 2014

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 11TH JUNE 2014 AT 7.30PM

 

Present

D Barlow (DB; Chair), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD), S Emery   (SE), D Gilson (DG), E Lewis (EL), C Sully (CS), D. Thorley (DT) and B Wells (BW).

In Attendance

S Vaillant (Clerk), Cllr R   Carter (District Cllr) and Cllr H Siggs (County Cllr) and one parishioner.

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Action

142/14       

No apologies were received.

 

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST &   DISPENSATIONS

 

143/14       

No interest was declared.

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETING   HELD

 

144/14       

The minutes of the meeting held on 9th April 2014 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS  MINUTES (where not dealt with later)

 

145/14       

(92/14)   Recording of Rec. Field on Land Registry – Clerk to chase valuation and progress.

SV

146/14       

(100/14)   Clerk to write to the owners of Highcroft quarry to request that the parish be informed ahead of noisy activities taking place.

SV

147/14       

(104/14)   Risk Assessments & Asset Register - The documents were updated prior to the internal audit taking place. Action complete.

 

148/14       

(107/14)   ‘No through road’ sign at the top of Dean Lane – D. Gilson advised that he would change the sign himself.

 

149/14       

(111/14)   Condition of Wall at Pondsmead – It was noted that works had been undertaken on the wall.

 

150/14       

(112/14)   Culvert on A37 near G. Slade PO – The culvert has been cleared. Clerk to enquire with Highways who it belongs to and D. Barlow agreed to mention it during the next meeting with Highways.

SV
DB

 

COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

 

151/14       

Cllr H Siggs reported as follows:-

  • Health & Safety Grant available (grants between £500 - £1,000);
  • Highway report (making good of potholes, embankment slips, managing additional monies awarded following the flooding, numerous resurfacing and patching potholes.
  • Has been attending Resilience Committee meetings.

 

152/14       

H Siggs handed the Chairman’s Award for Service to the Community to D. Barlow to pass on to John Rayment.

 

 

DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

 

153/14       

Cllr R Carter reported as   follows:-

  • MDC has been recognised as top 5% of District council looking after disadvantaged families and very good at encouraging businesses.
  • Advised   that John Crossley (Vice-Chair of the planning committee) had offered to   attend a meeting to discuss the planning process. It was unanimously agreed to invite him to the September meeting.
  • Update on the situation at Coronation Terrace.

 

 

Harvey and Rachel leave the meeting.

 

 

POTENTIAL TRANSFER OF SIDs  ADMINISTRATION TO THE PARISH COUNCIL

 

154/14       

Before leaving, Harvey advised that Highways were encouraging parishes to speak to each other to organise  groups of councils to share a SID (groups of 3 parishes with 2 locations each, resulting in a 6 points rotation).

 

155/14       

P. Dennis agreed to help run the scheme in collaboration with another volunteer.

E. Lewis stated that a resident had also expressed an interest in getting involved and would contact her to confirm.

 

EL

156/14       

SV to contact Binegar and Stoke St Michael Parish Council to enquire whether they would be interested.

SV

 

CONDITION OF CLARE’S ROCK,   HARRIDGE WOOD

 

157/14       

Clerk to obtain a copy of the report mentioned in the P. Langmaid’s email and keep in touch with Somerset Wildlife, also copying Clare Haskins into the email as it is a footpaths matter.

 SV

 

PLANNING

 

158/14       

Updates   on previous applications:-

Application 2012/2981; Fmr Maesbury Quarry; Single wind turbine – Appeal dismissed.

Application 2013/1877; 108 Halcyon Park, Shepton Rd, Oakhill; Removal   of condition 6 of planning permission 104520/042 which requires the   ‘dwellings approved be used only for close care purposes and for no other   purpose in Class C2’ – No decision.  

Application 2013/2517/VRC; New Row Farm, Yelling Mill   Lane, Downside; Variation or Removal of conditions – Approved w/c.

Planning Application 2013/2494/APP; New Row Farm, Yelling Mill   Lane, Downside – Approved.

Planning Application 2014/0018/OTA; Land to rear of Lothlorien,   Oakhill; Outline Planning Application for the erection of 3 single storey bungalows – Approved w/c, although some residents who had objected are writing to the ombudsman about the issue.  

It was agreed to add this item to the agenda for next month.

Planning Application 2014/0038/CNT; Highcroft Quarry, Gurney Slade,   Radstock, Somerset; Deposit of Insert Waste Material (Demolition Waste,   Subsoil and Topsoil) for Ground remodeling and Restoration to Agriculture – Approved w/c.

Planning Application 2013/2586/FUL - Slade Bottom House, Gurney   Slade; Stock proof fence, engineering works to move earth away from dwelling   to mitigate flooding risk, new pedestrian access through stone wall, and   graveled area to assist with drainage. No change of use of existing agricultural land – Approved w/c.

Planning Application 2014/0166/HSE; Drovers, Zion Hill, Oakhill;   Resubmission of approved application 2012/0958 for the erection of a double garage – Approved.

Planning Application 2014/0301/HSE; 10 Withy Cottage, Bath Road,   Oakhill; Proposed Single Storey Rear Extension – Approved.

Application 2013/2385/LBC – Church Cottage, Heckley Lane   Ashwick; To create stud wall around existing stair, extend soil pipe out   through roof, and hand new back door – Approved   w/c.

Application 2014/0527/TPO –   Pondsmead Nursing Home – Pending consideration.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SV

159/14       

Application 2014/0731;   Saffron House, Gurney Slade; Erection of 1st Floor extension and   ground floor utility room – There was confusion as MDC’s website showed this  applications as already having been approved. Nevertheless, it was   unanimously agreed to write to recommend approval as the extension would keep the family unit together. PD proposed (EL seconded, all agreed).

 

160/14       

Application 2014/0747; Little Barn Farm, Neighbourne   Oakhill; Erection of agricultural building – Due to lack of detail in the   application and the fact that the building appears large for the size of the holding, it was unanimously agreed to recommend refusal (EL proposed, SE seconded, all agreed). 

 

161/14       

Application 2014/0629;   Badgers Cross Farm, Ashwick; Erection of Agricultural Store/Workshop – The   applicant present at the meeting gave reasons for the application, which is to erect a workshop to keep tools. It was unanimously agreed to recommend  approval (BW proposed, CS seconded, all agreed) to support local agricultural activity. The workshop proposals appear sensible and will secure valuable   farm plant and machinery to support the activities of the farm (Aberdeen Angus livestock).

 

162/14       

Application 2014/0863;   Stoney Croft High Street, Oakhill; Proposed felling of / works to tree(s) in a conservation area – Unanimously agreed to leave the decision to the Tree Protection Officer.

 

163/14       

Application 2014/0707;   Ashwick Court, Oakhill; remove cement render slates to four internal   elevations and replace with Dutch slates to match east and west elevations.   Remove cement render to all elevations and re-apply using lime render. Clean   bath stone quoins and facades; decorate new render – It was unanimously agreed to recommend approval (PD proposed, BW seconded, all agreed) as the works are to make good previous alterations dating several years back which were not in keeping with the building.

 

164/14       

Application 2014/0904; Land adjacent to Red Marley, Slade Bottom; Pair of semi-detached houses - It was   unanimously agreed to recommend approval with the provision that the flooding risk has been eliminated (DG proposed, PD seconded, all agreed).

The proposal to build 2 dwellings on this site was considered and rejected by the parish council in January 2014 (Planning Application   2013/2394) as the plot of land proposed for development can flood due to the river towards the back. However, we note that the dwellings have now been moved forward, nearer the road and further away from the river, we assume in response of our previous concerns. Therefore, not wanting to recommend   refusal for the sake of it, we are happy for a pair of semi-detached houses to   be built, on the condition that the flooding risk has been properly assessed and eliminated. 

No correspondence was received from neighbours.

 

165/14       

Application 2014/0790; the   Lodge, Neighbourne Lane; Proposed two storey extension with detached   garage/store – It was unanimously agreed to recommend   approval (EL proposed, BW seconded, all agreed) as the proposals are reasonable, fit with the surroundings and will not impact on, nor overlook   neighbours. 

 

166/14       

Application 2014/0960; Land   Adj to 6 The Granary, High Street, Oakhill; Proposed felling of two Silver   Birch trees in a conservation area – Unanimously agreed to leave the decision   to the Tree Protection Officer.

 

167/14       

Application 2014/1030; Land Adj to Hylands, Roemead Road, Binegar; Erection of a dwelling – After review of local maps and parish boundary, it was agreed that the proposed development was not in Ashwick Parish Council.

 

 

FINANCE

 

168/14       

Annual Return Statement – The Annual Governance Statement was read through and completed.

 

169/14       

Report on Internal Audit – The Internal Audit has been completed by Mr Smith who found no cause for concern and had no comment. The Annual Return was signed.

 

170/14       

Financial Statement – Financial statement to 10th June 2014 was agreed and signed.

Clerk pointed out that some cheques signed a couple of months ago had not been presented. Clerk to chase and re-issue if necessary.

 

SV

171/14       

The following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-

                                                                                                                                 £

666     S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary & Expenses                                                    233.90

667     JK Primrose (Open Spaces Maintenance)                                                     318.00

668     N. Smith (Internal Audit)                                                                            200.00

669     Payment of Grant to Village Hall                                                               2,000.00  

 

172/14       

Grant request from Somerset Wildlife Trust – Following a vote (4 against, 1 for, 2 abstain) it was agreed not to award a grant as the Parish Council has other priorities at present.

 

 

MATTERS OF REPORT

 

173/14       

Highways   –

  •   Potholes in Pound Lane – Ongoing.
  •   Speed limit on Fosse Road – D.Thorley would like the signs to be put back as there is no footpath and cars travel at excessive speed.
  •   The road between the Village Hall   and Binegar is eroded and not wide enough for 2 cars to pass.
  •   Flooding at Sun Cottage – Clerk   to ask Highways to clear the drains.

 
DB to bring items above to the attention of Highways during their visit to the village.

 

 SV

 

DB

174/14       

Flooding area on the Rec Field – Urgent item to be added to the next agenda.

D.   Thorley had obtained a quotation for £700 to install a fence.
B.   Wells to contact D. Perkins who was also going to get a quotation.

 

 BW

175/14       

Refurbishment of finger posts – B. Wells advised that they were waiting for good weather to start the works. Regarding the other fingerposts, D. Gilson has asked a contractor to provide a quotation for sand blasting, undercoating and painting.

Item to be added to the agenda for next month (costs to be agreed).

 

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

176/14       

The next Parish council meeting will be held on   Wednesday 9th July 2014, at 7.30pm.