Oakhill

Minutes for March 2013

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 13TH MARCH 2013 AT7.30PM

 

Present

D Barlow (DB; Chair), P Briscoe (PB), P. Dennis (PD),   S Emery   (SE), D Gilson (DG), P Langmaid (PL) and C Sully (CS).

In Attendance

S Vaillant(SV; Clerk) S. Priscott   (District Councillor), H. Siggs (CountyCouncillor) and two members of the public (in part).

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Action

71/13           

Apologies were received from D Perkins (DP), E. Lewis (EL) and B Wells (BW).

N. Housley (PCSO) also advised she would not be able to attend the meeting.

 

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST &   DISPENSATIONS

 

72/13           

DG declared an interest in item 92/13, Grant to the Village Hall.

No dispensations were requested.

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETING   HELD

 

73/13           

The minutes of the meeting held on 11th February 2013 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held, with the following amendments:-

  • Item 46/13 should read Underleigh not Underlay.

 

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS   MINUTES (where not dealt with later)

 

74/13           

(41/13)   QEII fields Challenge 2012 – John Chapman, Regional Manager SW, agreed to   attend the meeting on 8th May to make a short presentation about the scheme.  

 

75/13           

(44/13)   Newly built lake on private property; Gurney Slade – A letter was issued to the landowner to alert them of the possible necessity to obtain permission.

 

76/13           

(46/13)   Overgrown laurel hedge near the Old Oakhill Church Rooms (opposite Underleigh). EL not present to update on the situation. Ongoing.

EL

77/13           

(51/13)   Gurney Slade Noticeboard – It is believed that one noticeboard is at the Village Hall in Gurney Slade. Clerk to query location of other board.

 SV

78/13           

(56/13)   Fracking research consortium – Ongoing.

SV

 

DISTRICT & COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORTS

 

79/13           

H.   Siggs reported as follows:-

  •   No council tax increase.
  •   W. Closier has resigned as Mendip District Councillor. There will be a by-election at the same time as county elections in May.

 

 

80/13           

PL raised a query over a planning application and MDC’s handling of it and asked   HS to look into it. HS advised that he had reviewed the email communication forwarded to him and spoken with Matt Williams who had clarified the situation. HS advised a way forward would be to go to appeal. PL to report to the parishioner.

PL

81/13           

S.   Priscott reported as follows:-

  •   MDC’s passed a budget with 0% increase in council tax.
  •   Local Community Benefit Fund £4,000 to spend in the next couple of years to enhance the environment,   minimum £200. Grant request to be sent to S. Priscott.

 

 

 

UPKEEP / USE OF TELEPHONE BOX ON POUND LANE

 

82/13           

SE offered to renovate the telephone box. It was agreed to delegate the purchase of the paint to the clerk after consultation with the councillors.

SV

83/13           

The move of the telephone box to a more central location was discussed. No decision was made.

 

 

PLANNING

 

84/13           

Updates on previous applications:-

Application   2012/2201; Warren Farm Wind Turbine; Notice of Appeal – No decision

Application   2012/2981; Former Maesbury Quarry; Erection of a single wind turbine and associated infrastructure – No decision

Application   2012/3067; Coronation Terr., Oakhill; New detached garage – approved w/c.

Application   2012/0032; Maesbury Reservoir to Forum Reservoir; Proposed removal of 10x10m sections of hedgerow at selected locations to accommodate new pipeline   (Bristol Water) – No Objection.

Application   2012/2947; Long Acres,Pound Lane; Application for   removal of condition 4 of permission 04227/001 relating to agricultural occupancy of the dwelling – No decision

 

85/13           

Application   2013/0225; Sun Cottage; Pound Lane – Demolition of an existing single storey   ‘lean-to’ extension and construction of a 2 storey side (West) extension to the existing property – Following a presentation from the Architect and the applicant, and with the understanding that a previously approved application has now lapsed, it was unanimously agreed to recommend approval as it was felt that the works would be an improvement and would enhance the property.   No objections were received from parishioners or neighbours.

 

86/13           

Application   2013/0380; Oakhill Brewery; Fosse Road, Oakhill; Proposed pruning of a Copper Beech tree in a conservation area – Unanimously agreed to leave the decision to the tree officer.

 

87/13           

Pre-Application   consultation – The Court Yard, Oakhill; Construction of garage with first  floor storage area – After review of the amended plans, councillors felt that changes were not significant enough to recommend approval. It was suggested that the applicant speak attend a planning surgery at MDC where planners views could be sought and advice given about a possible way forward.

 

88/13           

Brewery site working hours – Chair reported on phone call from a resident concerned with the working hours on the brewery site, and the noise. Following a majority vote (6 for, 1 against) it was agreed to report to MDC Building Control department for investigation.

 

 

FINANCE

 

89/13           

Financial   Statement – Statement to 12th March 2013 was agreed.

 

90/13           

Risk Assessment & Asset Register – Clerk circulated drafts for councillors to review and agree next month.

 

91/13           

Internal Audit – Councillors agreed in principle with using same auditor at the same price as last year.

 

92/13           

Grant request from Village Hall committee – It was unanimously agreed (DG abstained) to donate £4000 over the following two financial years. Cheque to be written next month.

 

93/13           

The   following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-

605     S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary & Expenses                                         £281.72

606     HMRC; Clerk’s Tax                                                                           £67.00

607     Futurform, Stationery                                                                       £36.01

608     SALC Affiliation Fee                                                                        £328.26
                                                                                                                                    

 

 

MATTERS OF REPORT

 

94/13           

Highways  – Outstanding matters:-

  • Potholes and muddy condition off Pound Lane
  • Pound Junction; prevention of vehicles from driving over grass.
  • 30mph signs in Little London
  • Tarmacing of pavement along Bath Road – HS has advised that this would be included in next year’s budget.
  • Permanent SIDs on Bath Road; H. Siggs pursuing on our behalf.

 

95/13           

Request from Golf Club for improvement at junction of Golf Links Laneand A37. H. Siggs advised that drivers have the choice of taking another route and this would not be seen as a priority.

 

96/13           

Erection of ‘no through road’ sign at the top of Dean Lane– Clerk to contact/ask Jeff Bunting.

SV

 

97/13           

Village Hall/PCSO/SALC/School/Footpaths – Nothing to report.

 

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

98/13           

The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 10th April 2013 a t7.30pm at the Village Hall.