Oakhill

Minutes for March 2014

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 12TH MARCH 2014 AT 7.30PM

 

Present

D Barlow (DB; Chair), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD), S Emery (SE), D Gilson (DG),

P Langmaid (PL), C Sully (CS), D. Thorley (DT) and B Wells (BW).

In Attendance

S Vaillant (Clerk), PCSO N Housley, Cllr R Carter (District Cllr), H Siggs (County Cllr).

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Action

57/14         

Apologies were received from E Lewis (EL), D Perkins (DP).

 

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & DISPENSATIONS

 

58/14         

P. Briscoe declared an interested in planning application 2014/0166; Drovers, Zion Hill.

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETING HELD

 

59/14         

The minutes of the meeting held on 12th February 2014 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held, with the following amendment:-

  •  Item 43/14 should read 'inert' waste material, not ‘insert’.

 

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (where not dealt with later)

 

60/14         

(5/14) Recording of Rec. Field on Land Registry – Ongoing.

SV

61/14         

(35/14) Fencing of puddle area on Recreation Field – DP not present to update, however it was noted that the water was all gone.

 

62/14         

(55/14) Diverted water running down the road off gateway on Bath road – CS has seen a SCC lorry parked there but it is not known if the works have been done as the weather has been dry.

SV

 

 

PCSO REPORT

 

63/14         

N. Housley apologised for not attending meetings recently as she and her colleagues had been seconded to help in the flooded areas. A brief report was read to the Council.

 

64/14         

Highcroft Quarry – Nikki confirmed that the quarry owners regularly notified the police of planned activities but that it was difficult to publicise or warn parishioners as these were often last minute. It was also mentioned that users were allowed to shoot with the owner’s permission as it is a private quarry. 

 

65/14         

Private helicopter flying out of property in Benter – Clerk to respond to the Aviation Authority as their assessment of the situation was based on out of date maps.

SV

 

DISTRICT & COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORTS

 

66/14         

Cllr R Carter (District Council) reported as follows:-

  • District Councillor Grant - Grants can be between £500-700 towards projects to benefit the community. Applications with supporting quotations by Christmas 2014.
    It was suggested to request funding for the fencing needed on the Recreation Field.
  • The Council asked for Cllr Carter’s support and representation at District level regarding planning.

 

 

67/14         

Cllr H Siggs (County Council) reported as follows:-

  • Recent flooding and SCC activity.
  • PD queried the recent temporary road closure on the High Street and whether authorisation should have been sought, which H. Siggs confirmed.
  • Litter picking along the main road – H. Siggs agreed that the pavement was not wide enough and non-existent in some places and that this should be undertaken by the Landscape Group. Clerk to report.

 

SV

 

 

CONSULTATION ON PRE-SUBMISSION OF SOMERSET MINERALS PLAN

 

68/14         

D Thorley read Section 9 (Fracking) of the policy document and expressed concerns relating mainly to Risk Assessment, or lack thereof. It was agreed that DT would formulate a response on the behalf of the Council.

DT

 

 

REFURBISHMENT OF FINGER POSTS

 

69/14         

Authorisation has been obtained to refurbish some of the finger posts in the village.

  • DB to contact P Dalwood who had offered his help.
  • SV to write a note to the residents at Five Ways; BW to help.
  • DB and PD also offered to help with the refurbishments.

SV

SV/BW

 

HGV’S USING NEIGHBOURNE LANE

 

70/14         

The Parish Council was made aware that a HGV got stuck in the lane early in February.

Following discussion, it was agreed that weight restriction signs were in place but obstructed by overgrown hedges. Clerk to request Highways to cut back.

It was also agreed to check the signage at the approach to Neighbourne (in Pound Lane).

SV

SV

 

 

PLANNING

 

71/14         

Updates on previous applications:-

Application 2012/2981; Fmr Maesbury Quarry; Single wind turbine – Appeal in progress.

Application 2013/1877; 108 Halcyon Park, Shepton Rd, Oakhill; Removal of condition 6 of planning permission 104520/042 which requires the ‘dwellings approved be used only for close care purposes and for no other purpose in Class C2’ – No decision.

Application 2013/2517/VRC; New Row Farm, Yelling Mill Lane, Downside; Variation or Removal of conditions – No decision.

Planning Application 2013/2494/APP; New Row Farm, Yelling Mill Lane, Downside –

Planning Application 2014/0018/OTA; Land to rear of Lothlorien, Little London, Oakhill; Outline Planning Application for the erection of 3 single storey bungalows – No decision.

Planning Application 2014/0038/CNT; Highcroft Quarry, Gurney Slade, Radstock, Somerset; Deposit of Insert Waste Material (Demolition Waste, Subsoil and Topsoil) for Ground remodeling and Restoration to Agriculture – No decision.

 

72/14         

Planning Application 2013/2586/FUL - Slade Bottom House, Gurney Slade; Stock proof fence, engineering works to move earth away from dwelling to mitigate flooding risk, new pedestrian access through stone wall, and graveled area to assist with drainage. No change of use of existing agricultural land – Unanimously agreed to recommend approval to the flooding remedial works which are a good idea and appear sensible.

 

73/14         

Planning Application 2013/2586/FUL; Planning Application 2014/0153/FUL; Oakhill Church, Oakhill; Formation of hard standing parking area – Unanimously agreed to recommend approval. The parish council was consulted in July 2013 by the Church and recommended it applies for planning permission, although there were no objections.

 

74/14         

Planning Application 2014/0166/HSE; Drovers, Zion Hill, Oakhill; Resubmission of approved application 2012/0958 for the erection of a double garage – Unanimously agreed to recommend approval as the changes are minimal to that of the authorisation already obtained.

 

 

FINANCE

 

75/14         

Financial Statement – Financial statement to 12th March 2014 was agreed and signed.

 

76/14         

Risk Assessment & Asset Register – Postponned to April meeting.

 

77/14         

Internal Audit – Clerk to contact Neil Smith who has agreed to undertake the internal audit for the parish council.

SV

78/14         

The following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-

                                                                                                                                 £

653     S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary & Expenses                                                    233.90

654     HRMC; Clerk’s Tax                                                                                      54.80

655     SALC invoice (New Councillor Training)                                                         25.00

656     Somerset Community Foundation (Flood Relief)                                           250.00

                                                                                                                                  

 

79/14         

Donation to Somerset Community Foundation following Floods – BW proposed, PL seconded and unanimously agreed to donate £250 to the Relief Fund.

 

 

MATTERS OF REPORT

 

80/14         

Highways –

  • ‘No through road’ sign at the top of Dean Lane – DG advised that a sign had been fitted, but was clearly too small. Clerk to contact MDC.
  • Potholes in Pound Lane – Clerk to chase Highway.

 

 

SV

SV

81/14         

Village Hall – The auction of promises raised £5,000.

Parish Council grant to the Village Hall - Following restrictions regarding VAT claims, it was agreed not to give a grant to the Committee in the form of a cheque/lump sum, but to purchase and donate goods up to the sum agreed.

 

82/14         

Speedwatch – Clerk to write to Chilcompton to confirm renewal of the speed gun loan.

SV

83/14         

SALC – DB agreed to attend the next East Area Meeting on Monday 24th March.

DB

84/14         

Footpaths/School – Nothing to report.

 

85/14         

Agenda for Annual Parish Meeting & Annual Parish Council Meeting:-

  • ‘Speed awareness course’ presentation
  • Discussion about where villagers see the village going.

 

 

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

86/14         

The next Parish council meeting will be held on Wednesday 9th April 2014, at 7.30pm.

 

87/14         

DB and SE presented their apologies for the next meeting.