Oakhill

Minutes for May 2014

MINUTES OF ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL

ON 14TH MAY 2014 AT 07:30 PM

 

Present

D Barlow (DB, Chair), P Briscoe (PB), P Dennis (PD),   S Emery (SE), D Gilson (DG), D. Perkins (DP), C Sully (CS) and B. Wells (BW).

In Attendance

S Vaillant (SV; Clerk), Cllr R Carter (District   Councillor; in part) and 18 members of the public (in part).

 

 

 

Chair welcomed all present and explained the format of the meeting.

 

 

 

APOLOGIES   FOR ABSENCE

 

 

115/14       

Apologies were received from E. Lewis (EL).

 

 

 

DECLARATIONS   OF INTEREST & DISPENSATIONS

 

 

116/14       

No interest was declared.

 

 

 

ELECTION   OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN

 

 

117/14       

 

BW proposed (PD seconded, unanimously agreed) that D.   Barlow be re-elected as Chairman to the parish council. DB accepted the office and the relevant form was signed.   

 

 

118/14       

 

BW proposed (CS seconded, unanimously agreed) that E.   Lewis be re-elected as vice-chairman. EL had advised prior to the meeting that she would be happy to continue.

 

 

 

AGREEMENT  OF MINUTES OF APCM & APM HELD ON 8TH MAY 2013 AND MATTERS ARISING

 

 

119/14       

The minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

120/14      

Registration of Recreation Field onto Land Registry  – BW advised that the valuation of the Village Hall had taken place. Clerk to chase.

 SV

 

121/14       

Dog Fouling – Notices were displayed in the noticeboards and no further complaints have been received.

 

 

122/14       

The railing by Oakhill garage has now been installed.

 

 

123/14       

The purchase of a defibrillator and the refurbishment of the telephone box are ongoing.

 

 

 

The Meeting was interrupted by the Annual Parish Meeting.

 

 

 

PLANNING

 

 

124/14       

Highcroft Quarry – Clerk to circulate conditions of approval.

SV

 

125/14       

 

Application 2013/2385/LBC (Listed Building Consent);   Church Cottage, Heckley Lane, Ashwick; To create stud wall around existing stair, extend soil pipe out through roof, and hang new back door – PB   proposed to leave the decision to the Listed Building Officer (PD seconded, 8 votes for, 1 abstention).

 

 

126/14       

 

2014/0527/TPO; Pondsmead Nursing Home; Proposed pruning of Beech (T3) deadwood and reduce crown spread by approx 3-4m;   felling of sycamore (T4) and Ash (T5) subject to Tree Preservation Order   M1215 – It was unanimously agreed to leave the decision to the Tree Protection Officer.

 

 

 

FINANCE

 

 

127/14       

Financial statement to  14th May 2014 was agreed.

 

128/14       

 

The following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-

                                                                                                                            £          

614     S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary &   Expenses                                               283.78

615     HMRC; Clerk’s Tax                                                                                   2.20

617     JK Primrose (Open spaces maintenance)                                                318.00

618     D Barlow (cash to pay lads for leaflet   distribution)                                     40.00

619     Came & Co (insurance)                                                                        519.53
                                                                                                                               

 

129/14       

Parish Insurance Renewal – Following clerk’s   recommendation, it was unanimously agreed agreed to accept quotation and to renew 3-year Long Term Agreement with Came & Co.

 

 

 

MATTERS OF REPORT

 

 

130/14       

Water on the Playing Fields – It was agreed that this was urgent to fence off the area to prevent a possible incident. It was agreed to contact Louise to ask Alex to put a fence up around the flooded area.

D. Thorley agreed to obtain a quotation from the person who did the fencing in his field.

 

 

DT

 

131/14       

Flooding at Sun Cottage – Clerk to ask Highways to clear the drains.

SV

 

132/14       

Resident operating scrap metal business from outside his house in Little London. Clerk to contact MDC for advice on operating a business and the associated noise, especially at the weekend.

SV

 

 

133/14       

Highways – D Barlow suggested contacting Highways to undertake a drive through the village and highlight areas where improvements/works are needed.

 DB

 

134/14       

David Gilson advised that he had resigned from the Village Hall Committee and that a new representative from the Parish Council would need to be appointed. Representatives and Councillors’ interest to be added to June Agenda.

SV

 

 

135/14       

Chair advised that Peter Langmaid had resigned from the Parish Council but had agreed to continue maintaining the website until someone agrees to take over.

 

 

136/14       

Transfer of SIDs administration of Parish Council –   It was agreed to express an interest with no obligations.

 

SV

 

 

DATE   & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

 

137/14       

The next Parish council meeting will be held on Wednesday 11th June 2014, at 7.30pm.