Oakhill

Minutes for September 2012

                                                                                                                       DRAFT                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 12TH SEPTEMBER 2012 AT 7.30PM

Present

D Barlow (DB; Chair), P Briscoe (PB), D Gilson (DG), P Langmaid (PL),
D Perkins (DP), C Sully (CS), J Thomson (JT) and B Wells (BW).

In Attendance

S Vaillant (SV; Clerk).

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Action

1/12     

2/12     

Apologies were received from P. Dennis (PD) and E. Lewis (EL).

PCSO N. Housley also advised she would not be able to attend.

 

 

DECLARATION OF INTEREST

 

275/12     

No interest was declared.

 

 

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETINGS HELD

 

276/12     

The minutes of the meetings held on 11th July and 29th August 2012 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meetings held, with the following amendments:-

  • Item 225/12; should read HS joins the meeting, not PL.
  • Item 258/12; should read Bramley Farm, not Bramley House.
  • Item 261/12; C. Sully to be added to the list of apologies.

 

 

277/12     

Chair thanked D. Perkins and L. Brooks for cutting back hedges and sorting weeds on Bath Road.

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (where not dealt with later)

 

278/12     

(279/12) Zion Hill – The wish to have the lamp post moved to light up the pedestrian pole at the bottom of the hill has been registered with SCC. Cleck to pursue.

SV

279/12     

(230/12) Volunteer Group – Clerk to draft an article to publish in the parish magazine.

SV

280/12     

(232/12) Mowing of pavement at top of bath road was undertaken by DP. Chair reported speaking about it with Highways who have expressed concerns over tarmacing the area.

 

281/12     

(233/12) Diamond Jubilee Tree – CS to call Chew Valley Trees and make a visit to obtain advice to select and order a tree for delivery around October/November.

 CS

282/12     

(253/12) Footpath above post office - Someone was seen strimming the area. Councillors to monitor the situation and report to Clerk.

 

283/12     

(255/12) Chairman’s award to the community – Application was submitted.

 

284/12     

(256/12) Affordable Housing – Clerk to write to Nina Richards (MDC) to find out which HA deals with the awarding of the two semi-detached houses in the High Street; and then contact HA to remind of the agreement to let the houses to village people or people with connection with the village.

SV

285/12     

(257/12) Signage at Oakhill Garage – Clerk read response from Ian Glover, MDC Enforcement Team, confirming that Planning Application was not required.

 

286/12     

(259/12) Donated Ordnance Survey Maps – Clerk to write thank you letter and BW to display the frames.

 SV/BW


 

287/12     

(268/12) Lending of Speed Camera to Chilcompton – Clerk to write letter confirming loan and asking that a record is kept of when it goes our, reasonable care is taken and to replace if lost or broken. 

 SV

288/12     

(269/12) Maintenance of The Pond – Clerk to write thank you letter to Percy Lambert for looking after the area. EL to ask the gardening club if they are interested in looking after the Pound

SV/EL

289/12     

(272/12) Dropped manhole outside Gurney Slade Post Office - Postman has spoken to BW confirming that the manhole had been investigated but there is still a problem. To be monitored if not actioned further by Highways.

 

 

DISTRICT & COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORTS

 

290/12     

No District or County Councillor present.

 

 

ADOPTION OF NEW CODE OF CONDUCT

 

291/12     

Clerk explained the reasoning behind the proposed Code of Conduct.

PL proposed to adopt the model drafted by the Clerk, based on the SALC model (CS seconded, all agreed).

 

292/12     

Declarations of Interest forms were filled in and handed to Clerk at the end of the meeting. Clerk to chase absent councilors.

       SV

 

UPDATED STANDING ORDERS

 

293/12     

Clerk to draft and circulate for agreement at the next meeting.

SV

 

CONSULTATION

 

294/12     

Health & Wellbeing Strategy for Somerset - Following discussion where concerns were raised over some of the points which might not be relevant to the PC, it was agreed it might be an opportunity to celebrate what is good in our community. JT to draft and send a response on behalf of the Council.

JT

 

FINANCE

 

295/12     

Financial Statement – Statement to 11th September 2012 was agreed.

 

296/12     

Completion of Annual Audit 2011/12 – Moore Stephens Chartered Accountants have completed the annual audit for the year ended 31 March 2012 and no matters have come to their attention giving cause for concern that relevant legislation and regulatory requirements have not been met. The notice of conclusion of the audit will now be displayed for 14 days.

 

297/12     

Clerk’s Salary – Invoice dated 12th September 2012 was agreed. Cheques #581 and #582 (tax) were signed.

 

298/12     

Reimbursement of costs for installation and maintenance of benches in Field – Cheque #583 was signed. BW thanked P. Dennis for installing the benches.

 

299/12     

Clerk to add the seats to the Asset Register and notify Came & Co for insurance purposes.

SV

300/12     

Payment of invoice from Moore Stephens (External Auditor) – Invoice dated 6th August 2012 was agreed. Cheque #584 was signed.

 

301/12     

Payment of Invoice from SALC (Code of Conduct training for Councillors) – Invoice dated July 2012 was agreed. Cheque #585 was signed.

 

302/12     

Invoices for Grounds Maintenance – Invoices 05 & 06 from Primrose were agreed. Cheque #586 was signed. 

 

 

MATTERS OF REPORT

 

303/12     

Village Hall, Footpaths, Speedwatch, School – Nothing to report.

 

304/12     

Highways – Chair attended the meeting at Highway Depot in Glastonbury and reported as follows:-

  • Fingerposts are on the schedule to be repainted.
  • Repeater signs on the high street will not be considered by SCC. It is a national directive not to install any.
  • Speed limits reducing from 60mph to 30mph (why not 40mph limits in between?): This is not generally done any more.

 

 

305/12     

PCSO – Chair read email report from N Housley, which was noted.

 

306/12     

Village hall – Car boot sale organised for 23rd September with all money going to the VH.

 

307/12     

DP asked that a letter be written to Pondsmead asking about the condition of the wall along Bath Road (particularly south of the entrance, opposite the pub). There is general concern over the safety of pedestrians and cars should the wall fall.

 SV 

308/12     

Clearing of Weeds from pavements and outside houses – Article to be published in the newsletter/magazine encouraging residents to weeds public spaces, particularly in the vicinity of their property (to be added to article asking for volunteers in the parish magazine).

 SV

309/12     

It was noted that a Post box (in a wall) on Fosse Road had disappeared. Clerk to ask Stoke St Michael PC if they are aware of it.

 SV

 

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

310/12     

The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 10th October 2012 at 7.30pm at the Hall.

 

311/12     

JT advised she would not be able to attend the next 2 meetings.