Oakhill

Minutes for September 2016

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN OAKHILL VILLAGE HALL ON 14TH SEPTEMBER 2016 AT 7.30PM

Present R Battagel (RB), P Dennis (PD), D Gilson (DG), E Lewis (EL), D Perkins (DP), D Thorley (DT) and B Wells (BW).

In Attendance S Vaillant (Clerk), R Carter (District Cllr, in part), N Housley (PCSO, in part) and 4 members of the public.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Action
Apologies were received from D Barlow (DB; Chair), P Briscoe (PB), C Sully (CS) and S Emery (SE).

E Lewis (Vice-Chair) chaired the meeting in the absence of the Chair.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & DISPENSATIONS
No interest was declared, nor requests for dispensations made.

AGREEMENT OF MINUTES OF MEETING HELD
The minutes of the meeting held on 13th July 2016 were agreed to be a true and accurate record of the meeting held, with the following amendments:   Item 232/16 should read ‘undertaking’ rather than ‘undertaken’.

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (where not dealt with later)
(48/16) Additional Lights – PD to find out the exact emplacement and advise the Clerk for the matter to be progressed with Somerset’s Road and Transport Team.

PD
(121/16) Tidy up of the Pound Garden – DG and EL tidied up the Pound Garden, which took 6 hours of work. It was agreed that the current planting requires a lot of upkeep and could be redesigned to be low-maintenance. DT to ask if the Gardening Club would be interested in re-landscaping it.

DT
(175/16) Free standing litter bin has been ordered; to be delivered to P. Dennis.

(176/16) Application to War Memorial Trust Grant Scheme – The Council was awarded a 75% grant based on the quotation submitted by SK Conservation. It was unanimously agreed to proceed on this basis. Clerk to liaise with the contractor to check if water supply is required on site and to ask for confirmation of start and completion dates.

SV
(177/16) Application to British Heart Foundation – The current round of application has closed. Clerk to check regularly for new round opening to apply for two more defibrillators. Clerk to check in the minutes if an emplacement has been agreed already for the first defibrillator and circulate.

(223/16 & 225/16) Waiting for clerk to be confirmed as signatory before cheques #697 can be cancelled. Ongoing.

PRESENTATION BY JEFF CURTIS, SHEPTON MALLET UNITED CHARITIES
Mr J. Curtis attended the meeting to introduce the charity ‘Shepton Mallet United Charities’ which provides social housing in the form of almshouses for local people of limited means; and to remind councilors that Oakhill was within the charity’s district. www.alms1627.org.uk for further information. Clerk to share details of Village Agent.

SV
OPEN MEETING
The resident of The Elms, Zion Hill, attended the meeting seeking feedback regarding future options and possibilities for the land forming part of her property. It was agreed to put this item on the agenda for the October meeting to enable the Council to give an official answer.

PCSO REPORT
Nikki gave a brief report. The following was mentioned:-
Ongoing accidents in Nettlebridge due to speed.
Could the police speed camera visit the High Street during the duration of the works on the A367 as a lot of cars were taking that route as an alternative.

SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL NOTICE OF INTENTION TO ESTABLISH A PEDESTRIAN CROSSING (PUFFIN CROSSING) A37, GURNEY SLADE
Noted.

ROAD TRAFFIC REG. ACT 1984, TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE OF BATH ROAD, STRATTON ON THE FOSSE
Noted.

SUGGESTION TO FUND A SEAT IN BUS SHELTER OPPOSITE SCHOOL
It was generally agreed to be a good idea. Clerk to research prices for October meeting. SV

RESIDENT ENQUIRY FOR ALLOTMENTS
It was agreed to publish an article in the parish magazine or social media asking if anyone has land they would like to lease or sell.  SV

DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORTS
R Carter (D Councillor) reported as follows:-
District Council considering creating a new levy on developers.
Council budget is on target.
Devolution; Somerset and Devon getting together as a combined authority. Clerk to scan document handed by Rachel and circulate to councilors.

PLANNING 
Updates on previous applications:-

Application 2016/1484/HSE; Gable Cottage, Ash Lane, Neighbourne; Proposed Single Storey Side Extension – Granted.
Application 2016/1510/FUL; Longacres, Pound Lane; Oakhill; Proposed demolition of poultry shed and construction of new 3 bedroom property – No decision.
Application 2016/1397/FUL; Lapwing Farm, Old Frome Road, Doulting; Change of use of existing barn and contained part of site to a rural experience venue (Sui Generis Class Use) and erection of utility block – No decision.
Application 2016/1619/OTA; Land to the Rear of Portlands, Little London, Oakhill; Outline planning permission application (all matters reserved) for the erection of 2 no single storey bungalows and alterations to access – Grant Outline planning permission.
Application 2016/1310/LBC; Ashwick Court – Granted.

Land at Old Frome Road – R. Carter advised that the site had received some approval but needed to put retrospective application for the track, and ensure the stables are not fixed. It was agreed to write to MDC to question why the parish council was not consulted on this application.

Ashwick Court – Rachel to review the conditions of the application being granted.

FINANCE
Financial Statement – Financial statement to 13th September 2016 was agreed and signed.

The following invoices were agreed and cheques signed:-

756 S Vaillant; Clerk’s Net Salary & Expenses  £270.22
757 HMRC; Income tax                                  £60.20
758 Tower Mint Ltd (Birthday Memorial Coins) £346.26
759 British Heart Foundation (Defibrillator contribution) £400.00

MATTERS OF REPORT
Footpaths – Japanese knotweed on bridge path from Badgers Cross to A37. Clerk to enquire.
Publication of the Council minutes in the parish magazine – The editors think the document would be too long and make the magazine more expensive. They could publish an abridged version to fit one A5 page, however, it was suggested to have a permanent notice directing parishioners to the website.

Cllr David Perkins announced his intention to resign and left the meeting.

D Thorley reported speaking to an operative from SCC who was inspecting the area where the new crossing in proposed near the school, and also mentioned the Church’s application for a lowered pavement. He was advised that a proposal will be put forward for further discussion.

Clerk to check prices for an additional dog waste bin to be sited near the rubbish bin on the recreation field, as the one by the main entrance is seldom used and waste is placed in the general bin instead.

Fly tipping was noted on the Old Frome Road near the Golf course.

It was noted that the Hatch Green Bus was not running any more. P Dennis is investigating.

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Meeting will be held on 12th October 2016 at 7.30pm at the Village Hall.